Tuesday 9 October 2012

Myki during Seniors Week

During "Seniors Week" metropolitan travel is free for seniors.  However, when I caught the train on Monday morning, I forgot about this.   Hence, I touched on (and off) with Myki.  Ah well, I thought later, that will cost me a fare, but it serves me right!

However, by the time I was ready to return home, I had remembered this, so I showed by Seniors card to the attendant so that she could open the barrier.   She politely informed me that this wasn't necessary, because Seniors mykis have been programmed this year so that you can use your myki as usual and no charge will be made (as at weekends).   Sure enough, on checking the balance at the end of the trip, I hadn't been charged.

I don't think that this was the case last year (at least, if it was, I wasn't aware of it), so it's nice to see that an obvious functionality of myki is being utilised.

No comments:

Post a Comment