Friday 7 December 2012

Port Melbourne Yacht Club

I was invited to a drinks function at the Port Melbourne Yacht Club, and can report that it's a good venue with an interesting view out over the Bay.   The service on the night we were there left nothing to be desired.    The company was good, and the feats of the wind-surfers outside in the blustery conditions provided a topic of conversation.
Modern venue

Watching the "Spirit" leave
It's not too hard to get there.  I drove,  and there was plenty of parking at that time of day both alongside and on the street, although I was a little taken aback that the City of Port Phillip charges $4.50 an hour (albeit with a maximum of $10.50 for the whole day).   But the machines take credit cards!

Another option, I'm told, is the Port Melbourne tram.  This was said to be within reasonable walking distance (at least one person came this way). I think there's also a bus a little distance away (but closer, I think, than the tram) in Bay Street.



No comments:

Post a Comment