Monday 26 August 2013

Rumi

Rumi in East Brunswick gets good reports on Urbanspoon, and our experience there was consistent with these.  To get it off my chest, I was VERY impressed when almost the first question from the waitstaff was, do you have any allergies?    Since we do have an allergy issue, it's great to see a restaurant in being pro-active.  And everything else about this place was just as good.

Lebanese food is not something I know much about. In fact, even "not much" may be somewhat of an exaggeration!   But I really enjoyed everything chosen by our party.  The dishes are all meant to be shared, which means that a group can order an interesting range (as we did).  The wine list is adequate rather than extensive, and contains some Lebanese wines (and beers) as well as local offerings (most of which weren't known to me).  However, the wine we had was very pleasant.  I didn't try the beer, but that's on my "to do" list.

The place was busy when we were there, but the noise level wasn't too bad.

The only minor gripe is that parking in the area seems to be a hassle, but evidently the principle with this is, "seek and ye shall find", as in fact turned out to be the case. 


No comments:

Post a Comment