Tuesday 28 January 2014

Cooma

Our last morning in Canberra was spent commemorating Savindan (literally, "St Sava's Day") (St Sava was the first Serbian archbishop) and then we drove to Cooma where we spent a night on our meandering trip home from Canberra.

 

I suppose I've driven through Cooma a couple of times over the years, but to the best of my recollection, I've never paused in the town.

It's clearly the gateway to the snowfields and the Snowy scheme.   But apart from that, it's, well, a country town!   The Snowy scheme is commemorated by a relief map of the area and a row of flags representing the countries from which workers on the scheme originated (including the flag of former Yugoslavia, but not of the successor countries - understandable, I suppose).

We by-passed the Services club and the Indian and Chinese restaurants for dinner and ate at a Lebanese restaurant.   It was quite good actually:   nice food, white cloth tablecloths and so on.   However, our bill doubled up on several of our items.    I guess we'll give them the benefit of the doubt and accept the explanation that it was a "computer glitch".

No comments:

Post a Comment