Wednesday 9 July 2014

Travel agents

Our local shopping strip has lots of cafes, hairdressers - and travel agents.    I suppose that says something about the demographics of the area.
The new arrival
Recently, another travel agent has opened.  I wondered if the people behind it knew what they were doing - until it dawned on me that it was another brand operated by Flight Centre!  So I assume that even though the new shop is just down the road from the existing Flight Centre, they know what they're doing.












So many travel agents











The latest to arrive is just another Flight Centre brand




On a related note, I have used a particular consultant at the local Flight Centre branch on a number of occasions in recent years.






It seems that it was fortunate that she was available when I walked into the shop on the first occasion, as she is obviously experienced. I regard myself as a reasonably "informed" customer in that I have a fair idea of what I want before I walk in, but there are still issues on which I like to obtain a second opinion.   However, in a recent email, she informed her clients that she was moving to "Travel Associates" (yet another Flight Centre brand), which I thought was fine until I read on the website that this brand is  "a boutique travel agency dedicated to offering discerning travellers the ultimate in experiential [sic] travel and tailor-made itineraries".  Hmmm, I wonder if that's for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment